Photosimile 200 - Product Photo Lighting Kit
Photosimile 200 makes taking professional photos simple and efficient for your business needs
Get Professional Results - No experience necessary
Simple to Use - Place an object inside, preview it, zoom and compose then click Snap. The picture automatically downloads and appears on your monitor screen in seconds
Software Controls Everything – Camera settings, studio lighting and batch image processing
- Maximum Efficiencies – Streamlined workflows for capturing, reviewing and batch processing images. Save time with each picture you take
All in One Solution that gives you creative control, generates professional results, speeds up your photography workflow and provides years of savings
Two Lighting Methods – Traditional and Backlit
- Perfect for eCommerce, Print, Product Development, Web Ads and banners, Quality and Business Communication Photography
“It’s so nice as a designer to have this (Photosimile) at my fingertips. I can take pictures and have them on my website in seconds!” - Gail Carlson, GigiChic.com
Add Consistency and Speed to Your Photography Workflow.
Generate Professional Results
Simply Place, Preview and Snap.
Perfect for Any Print or Web Application.
Add PhotoCapture 360: Create 360 Product Views
Photosimile 200 offers the best photography workflow to quickly take professional pictures & immediately put them to use.
Quickly take pictures and immediately put them to use. Photosimile 200 offers the best photography workflow available.
24” x 24”x 28” desktop photography studio and a compatible Canon or Nikon DSLR camera are connected to a computer via USB.
Image Creation Software Controls Everything lighting, picture taking, image processing, batch saving and more.
MAC and PC-Controlled Photography
Using a computer to take pictures simplifies and automates product photography. Photosimile 200 offers profiling and batch processing capabilities to streamline image editing and saving. In addition, Large Live Preview, AfterImage, Multiple Camera Control, and Auto PNG are just a few of the other computer based features that speed up the workflow.
Professional photography starts with great lighting. The studio provides a daylight-balanced, uniform lighting environment that allows users to create shadow-free and color accurate product images regardless of experience. Two unique ways to light objects:
- Traditional: Features Ortery’s patented symmetrical lighting method to consistently produce shadow-free and color accurate photos.
Backlit: Puts more light on the object and is capable of creating product shots with pure white backgrounds
From Lighting to Batch Saving… One Program Does it All
Through integration, everything needed to create a professional image is included in one program. In addition, the software manages and automates each step of the creation process making product photography simple and fast. No project is too large or too small. Easily create 100’s of publication-ready still shots per day.
Create PNG Images
In addition to JPG and RAW output, Photosimile 200 is also capable of creating PNG images. This method involves automatically stripping the background off and generating a PNG image with a transparent background.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY- Much of the knowledge to obtain a professional photograph is built into the system and since the system can memorize optimized camera and workflow settings, Photosimile 200 allows any office employee to repeatedly take professional photographs.
Save Money Getting Professional Results
With Photosimile 200 you have control full over how and when the images get shot.
Photosimile 200 is made of aluminum and comes pre-built.
How It Works
Connect compatible camera and Photosimile 200 light box to a MAC or PC computer via USB. Turn on the switch then launch the Photosimile software to turn on the studio.
Place items in the light box. Click Preview in the software to see a Live View on your monitor screen.
Compose picture using live zoom, “Lamp Control”, "Camera Settings”, "Crop" and "Rotate" commands.
Click "Snap" in the software to take pictures in JPG and RAW formats.
Pictures are automatically downloaded to a computer via USB for viewing, editing and saving.
Fast and Efficient
By integrating the image capture, processing and saving workflows in the software, users are able to eliminate many tedious, time consuming tasks. No project is too large or too small. Easily create 100’s of publication-ready still shots per day. Photosimile 200 streamlines the image creation workflow to make product photography fast and efficient.
MAC and Windows Compatible – Software supports both MAC and Windows OS.
Automated JPG, PNG and RAW Image Capture
Software Controlled Photography
The Photosimile software controls and automates every aspect of the photography, processing and saving workflows. Through USB connections to the studio and camera, users can control camera and light settings and take pictures with their mouse.
- Still Image Photography - Simply place an object inside the studio. Preview the object using live preview on your monitor screen. Compose by adjusting position and camera settings. Click Snap to take the picture. The image is automatically downloaded to the computer to the computer monitor for immediate viewing, editing and saving.
- Still Sequence Photography - Use the studio, software and multiple compatible cameras to quickly create a sequence of still photos from multiple angles.
- Transparent Still Photography – Using the Auto PNG feature, pictures can be automatically captured and processed to separate the object from its background then displayed on a transparent background in PNG file format.
- Backlit Object Photography – Using the backlight, side shot images of items can be shot on pure white.
The software also features a wide range of batch processing tools that streamline getting images ready for sending by email, print or website publication.
Professional Lighting – Take the guesswork out of lighting and offer consistent, professional results time after time. The Photosimile 200 studio provides a daylight-balanced, uniform lighting environment that allows users to create shadow-free, pure white, transparent and color accurate product images regardless of experience. The studio contains 4 symmetrically placed, 6,500K fluorescent tubes in each corner and a backlight panel with 4 more tubes. Front and rear lamps can be controlled On/Off using switches or the software. The back panel can be turned on and off in the software. Each fluorescent tube lasts 15,000 hours.
Fast and Efficient – By integrating the image capture, processing and saving workflows in the software, users are able to eliminate many tedious, time consuming tasks. No project is too large or too small. Easily create 100’s of publication-ready still shots per day. Photosimile 200 streamlines the image creation workflow to make product photography fast and efficient.
Top Shot and Side Shot Capability – Users have the ability to shoot either through the front door using a tripod (included) or from the top down (in the camera housing area).
Side Door Product Placement – Photosimile 200 comes with a side door for convenient product placement without having to move the camera.
Auto PNG – Take Product Shots with Transparent Backgrounds
Turn Auto PNG feature On to take pictures and automatically knockout the background in real-time. The sophisticated edge detection technology generates a PNG file where the object has been removed from its background and is displayed on a transparent background.
· Transparent background can be replaced with a background of any color or design
· Optimized settings can be reused to increase throughput and productivity
· The Auto Trimming and Smoothing feature ensures a smooth crisp product edge after background removal
*Multiple Camera Control
Simultaneously control and take pictures with multiple compatible Canon DSLR cameras.
Large Live Preview
The software displays the cameras live view as a real-time preview on a computer monitor. In the real time preview, users can make camera, lighting, object position and crop adjustments to compose the picture while viewing the results live before taking any pictures.
Use real time preview to set crop markers before taking a picture. Pictures are automatically cropped as they are captured, eliminating the need for post-production. Crop can be set as:
- Free Form – Adjust crop as required
- Fixed Ratio – Pre-define an aspect ratio that will constrain the crop to a specific size (ex. 4 x 3)
- Square – Crop in a perfect square
This feature allows users to overlay a transparent image of a previous shot on the Preview to ensure that future shots are all taken at the same, consistent angle.
When activated, this feature will highlight the parts of the picture that will be pure white in the final output.
Auto, Manual and Fixed Focus
Users have the ability to auto focus; manually focus on the camera or manually focus in the software while viewing a real time preview.
*Save for Web
Save images at low resolution (72 DPI) for a wide variety of computer and web applications. This feature includes batch image saving, renaming, resizing, watermarking and ftp to a specific location.
Save images at high resolution (300 DPI) for archival and print applications. This feature includes batch image saving, renaming, resizing, watermarking and ftp.
*Advanced Batch Saving
Create and re-use custom saving profiles to batch save images in several formats. Options include:
- File name - Assign specific names using extremely flexible naming formulas
- File format – Still - JPG and RAW
- Still Shot Magnifier – Still images can be saved in HTML5 or Flash format with a built in Magnifier for viewing image details at 3X magnification
- Save Location - Batch save images to one or more folders simultaneously
- Image Size - Each image can be independently resized
- Resolution – 72, 150 or 300 DPI
- Batch Edit – Auto apply image editing presets
- *Watermark – Apply text or logo watermarks to images for increased protection and marketing
- *Annotate – Include or restrict annotations in the final saved image
A practical use for this feature is to simultaneously save captured images as a thumbnail, product shot, oversized product shot and as the original master – to different folders with different names, sizes and with other unique parameters.
Includes single or batch color correction tools (including Levels*, Curves*, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation & Sharpness) and an image masking tool that allows users to select and change background color to pure white or any other color. The batch auto correct tool does an excellent job. Image editing in the MAC software only supports single image editing (includes Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Tint, Sepia, Sharpness)
*Direct Image Export
Enabling this feature means captured images can be instantly renamed, resized, set to a specific resolution and watermarked before being immediately saved to local or network folder or opened inside Photoshop or some other image editing program.
Users can upload a logo or chose from a preset logo to be applied to a single or set (batch) of images. Watermarking is a great way for businesses to brand and protect the images they create. This feature is also great for the professional who wishes to send proofs to the customer.
Transfer a single image or set of images to the image editing application of the user’s choice. Adobe Photoshop is set as the default program.
Captured images can be annotated with text and drawings to highlight specific features. This feature promotes efficient business communication.
Captured image(s) can be instantly attached to an outgoing email. This feature, combined with image annotations, makes an excellent business communication tool.
Still Image Magnifier
Utilizes HTML5 coding to provide 3x magnification of any image.
*PC version only. Ortery constantly updates its software to include new features and compatibility with new cameras and operating systems.
Photosimile 200 is an incredible photography machine with the following benefits:
- Computer-controlled Photography via USB
Mac and Windows Compatible for JPG and RAW Image Capture
Large Live Preview for Real-time Image Composition on Monitor Screen
Automatic Image Capture and Batch Image Processing
Auto PNG feature creates images with transparent backgrounds in PNG format
Software saves camera, lighting and saving settings to make photography simple and consistent
Professional Results – No Experience Necessary
Office Photography Machine and Production Studio
Top and Side Shot Capabilities
Image Consistency Tools
Certain products above can generate images with pure white or transparent backgrounds
Free Technical Support, One-year Free Software Upgrades, One-year Warranty
Photosimile 200 is a powerful business communications tool ideal for:
- Jewelry / Small Object Photography
- eCommerce / mCommerce
- Product Development
- Quality Control
- Catalog and other Print Applications
- Digital Asset Management
- Product Information Systems
- Daily business communication
|Add PhotoCapture 360 and Start Creating 360 Product Views - A PhotoCapture 360 turntable can be purchased and used inside Photosimile 200 or Photosimile 50 to create 360 product views. Installation is plug and play and the studio contains built-in USB and power outlets specifically for the turntable.|
Compatible Cameras: Most Canon and Nikon SLR cameras are compatible with this product. Compatible Camera List
24" x 24" x 28"
94 lbs. (29" x 29" x 33")
Maximum Target Size:
Digital Image Resolution:
Depends on camera
Standard 110V (220V units available)
- Windows® 7, 8
- (Administrator Account for Windows® 7/8)
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 running at 2 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- VGA: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card, Min. 1024x768, True color
- Internet connection with active email account (optional)
- Min. 2 USB Ports, CD ROM drive
- 24" x 24" x 28" Light Box
- Photosimile Image Creation Software
- 12 Daylight-Balanced (6500K) Fluorescent Lamps
- Back wall suction cup for acrylic removal
- Extra Top-Shot Background
- Fabric Door Cover
- White Side-Shot Background
- Acrylic Product Stand
- Installation Guide, Help files and Photography Tips
- Free Technical Support, One-year Free Software Upgrades
- One-Year Hardware Warranty